Skip to main content
Cerritos College Student Guide

Apply to the Board of Governor's (BOG) fee waiver

UCLA Center for Community College Partnerships Scholars Program

For information on different programs open to community college students in partnership with UCLA visit UCLA


The Deadline to apply is May 1: Link




Cerritos College- Virtual Application Workshop
To apply to any community colleges in California go to
L.A..Trade Tech.                
Santa Monica City College 
Cerritos College                 
Long Beach College           
El Camino City College       
Los Angeles Southwest      
Rio Hondo Community College
Pasadena City College       

Community College Placement Test Schedules

El Camino College

Puente Program

Creating Leaders for California's Future

Planning to go to community college then transferring to a 4 year-college/university? Then the Puente Program may be right for you.

  • Focus on three academic aspects: English Instruction, Counseling, and Mentoring.
  • Provide a supportive and stimulating environment to build confidence writing skills through Latino Literature. 
  • Work closely with counselors throughout the years. Explore career options, academic education plan, and identify lifetime goals
  • Matched with a mentor from the professional community who will share their own experience and career experiences. 


  • Students only accepted in the fall.
  • Student must be eligible for English A (writing) & English 84/1A (reading) in the fall semester.
  • Students must be able to take the Human Development 8 & Human Development 5 course.
  • Students must be committed to the goals of Puente Program, including the intent to transfer to a four-year college/university.
  • Student must attend a Puente Information Session in the Spring/Summer semester. (First come first serve basis).

How to apply:

ECC Puente Project Program website:

El Caminio


For more information contact:

Ms. Maribel Hernandez

(310) 660-3593 ext. 3638

Student Services Center Counceling Center, Rm. 104E


Dr. Rachel Lewis Ketai

(310)660-3593 ext. 3191

Humanities, Rm.321B

College Center Locker
2/20/14 6:18 PM
4/3/14 12:42 PM
2/7/19 12:29 PM
3/12/19 8:42 AM
1/23/19 10:37 AM
Requesting Official ELAC Transcripts

Community College Application process.

1.  RESEARCH PROGRAMS  at different community colleges to find the right one for you. Go to  APPLY.

2. SUBMIT FAFSA or CA DREAM ACT (Add community colleges your are considering)
   a. Click on "Apply Now" on the home page.
   b. Create an account with CA community colleges (CCC) if you don't have one yet.
   c. Submit the  online application (Link are on the left side).
On the application:
-add your social security if you have one-all of you are 1st time college students, even if you have taken ELAC classes before HS graduation. ELAC ROAD MAP 
 4. DO THE ORIENTATION online or in person, once you have received your ID from the community college.
 5.  Complete the "LA College Promise"  application by August 1, 2020 at APPLY, to get FREE TUITION for 2 years, at any of the following colleges: ELAC, Trade Tech., Southwest, Harbor,  Pierce, LA Mission, LA Valley, LA City, and  West LA.
If the community college you are applying to is NOT on this list, contact the admissions office for that particular college to find out what the process is for the CA COLLEGE PROMISE opportunity.
 6. MEET WITH A COUNSELOR.  Make an online appointment with a counselor. They might ask your for your transcripts. For ELAC, instead of the counseling appointment you could also fill out an ONLINE Request form and send it to an ELAC counselor.The counselor then will email you your educational plan.
Note; Students with disabilities or an IEP must also meet with a counselor at the DSPS office.
 7. REGISTER FOR CLASSES! Check your portal for  your assigned registration date. Plan your schedule in advanced and have alternative courses in case the ones you want are closed. 
June ELAC Workshops and Resources ELAC Workshops
  RECOMMENDATION: Join programs such as Puente, Honors, EOPS, TAG, Adelante, etc.   that will provide you with extra resources to transfer ASAP! 
Undocumented students (AB-540) will follow the same process but in addition, they will need to submit an affidavit form to the admissions office as soon as possible. You will find this form and instructions to complete it on the "AB-540-Undocumented Students'" page on the left hand side.